1. What is the What by Dave Eggers. I read this book at the beginning of last year and the story stays with me to this day. That is the mark of a great book. Highly recommended!!!!!
4. Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn. Talk about a page turner!!!!
5. By the Iowa Sea by Joe Blair. Amazing. Could not put it down. Highly recommended.
6. The Revised Fundamentals of Caregiving by Jonathan Evison. Totally fabulously wonderful.
7. Home Front by Kristin Hannah. I admit it. I was a snob and thought Kristin Hannah books were subpar. But since two of her books on my end of year best lists I have to admit I was wrong. Very wrong. She writes great characters and stories. Stories you are swept up in and can't wait to get back to.
8. Wild by Cheryl Strayed. Quite a story. Great writing. Very good.
9. Bloom by Kelle Hampton. A beautiful book about a family.
10. American Dervish by Ayad Akhtar. Love this book cover. Great story and writing.
Would love to hear if you have read any of these and what you think of the list!
Hope 2013 is a great reading year for everyone!