3 years ago
Thursday, December 31, 2009
Best Books 2009
The Help was the best book I read this year. I read it early this summer. While reading it I knew it was the book to beat and over the rest of the year it stood the test of time. I love this book! If you have not read it; drop everything and go to the bookstore and get it. It is the story of several women in 1962 in Mississippi, namely white housewives and their African-American domestic workers.
1. The Help by Katherine Stockett
2. Zeitoun by Dave Eggers
3. Columbine by Dave Cullen
4. Under the Dome by Stephen King
5. Black, White and Jewish by Rebecca Walker
6. Home Safe by Elizabeth Berg
7. Mary, Mrs.A. Lincoln by Janice Cooke-Newman
8. What I Thought I New by Alice Eve Cohen
9. Labor Day by Joyce Maynard
10. Official Book Club Selection by Kathy Griffin
*Firefly Lane by Kristin Hannah
*The Pursuit of Other Interests by Jim Kokoris
*Nobody's Home: Candid Reflections of a Nursing Home Aide by Thomas Edward Gass
Each book on the list has a link to a description on Amazon. Please point and click your way to a bunch of really great books!!!!!
Would you let me know what your best book of 2009 was???