LET'S READ

Lists, Loves, and Things to Remember about the Books I have Read

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Best Books 2001

In an effort to gather all my best books of the year lists in one place; here is my list of the best books I read in 2001. What is really interesting is that some of the books that made the honorable mention list I would not still give honorable mentions too.....and the book that is listed as #6 of the year turns out to be the BEST BOOK I EVER READ IN MY LIFE!!! A Fine Balance by Rohinton Mistry is the best book I ever read..........
5. Tell No One by Harlen Coben

6. A Fine Balance by Rohinton Mistry


7. Patty Jane's House of Curl by Lorna Landvik

8. Back When We Were Grownups by Anne Tyler

9. A Slant of Sun by Beth Kephart
10. Good in Bed by Jennifer Weiner

5 comments:

Staci said...

A Fine Balance is one of my favorite books ever too. It still stays with me to this day!! You had some great reads from 2001 and others that I'm interested in reading myself!

Patti said...

Other than the Elizabeth Berg- I don't think I read any of the others- but they look good! Thanks!

Joanne said...

I've often heard of We Were the Mulvaneys but haven't read it. It sounds like a good one for my to-read list. Clicked over from Patti's blog, enjoyed browsing!

Chandrika Shubham said...

Beautiful flowers on both sides of screen. :)
I love to read books.
Nice post on nice books. :)

dogfaeriex5 said...

i just finished the The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society
by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows
nad thought how much you would love it..check it out and let me know....love you dearly~kim