LET'S READ

Lists, Loves, and Things to Remember about the Books I have Read

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Bookplates

CONTEST RESULTS: Everyone wins!!! Jayne and Patti I will bring yours to you today. If everyone else will email me your home address I will get some in the mail to you!!! Thanks!

I am loaning a book to a friend. It is a book that I love and want to keep in my library permanently so I put a bookplate in the front cover so that I will get it back someday. I have received bookplates as gifts from others (mostly my Mom) over the years. These top two are my absolute favorites!

Do you use bookplates?
I would like to send a medley of bookplates to a lucky winner. Just leave your name/email address/name of favorite book on this post and I will pick a name this coming Friday, 2/26/10.

6 comments:

Kellie said...

Hi Laura,
Those bookplates are gorgeous! :) I have never really used bookplates. I usually scribble my name inside the front cover and hope the book eventually returns to me. But bookplates would be much more attractive. :)

I would love to enter your drawing. My email is
kellieps3 at windstream dot com

One of my all time favorite books is Little Women by Louisa May Alcott. I enjoy returning to it time and time again. :)

Staci said...

Those are so pretty! I only use them at my library when someone donates a book. I should use them in mine instead of just putting my name inside!!!

I would love the opportunity to win!!
stacijoreads@gmail.com

LewJaffe said...

Good Morning Laura,
You might enjoy a visit to my bookplate blog:
Http://bookplatejunkie.blogspot.com

Lew Jaffe

Patti said...

Love the bookplates!!! I should use them more- I think I have a stamp of one as well. My favorite book is Secret Garden. Yesterday was fun- looking forward to the next one!

Anonymous said...

Hi Laura,
I forgot to mention that "The Reader" is probably my favorite book ... glorious love story!! I am officially entering the contest to win bookplates (of which I have always been a huge fan ... love them) my e mail address is jhdepeters@sbcglobal.net and my favorite book is "The Reader"

Relyn Lawson said...

I have the top two. I absolutely love them. My favorite book? Sheesh! I love too many. I guess it would have to be To Kill a Mockingbird and The Hiding Place.