LET'S READ

Lists, Loves, and Things to Remember about the Books I have Read

Sunday, January 10, 2010

New Books

I received a gift certificate for Barnes & Noble for my birthday. So, it was off to the bookstore last night. What an adventure....going out on a Saturday night! Mike and I (or should I say) are extreme homebodies. I love to just stay in a Saturday night and hang out together. Anyway, that gift certificate had to be utilized stat!

These are the two books I got. I knew I was going to get the new Anne Tyler book. I love her. I am on page 100 already.

The book on North Korea just kind of jumped out at me. I had not really been interested in the subject but this book has been getting great reviews. While in the store I checked out the customer comments on Amazon and everyone seemed to really like. I love to read about other cultures; especially when the nonfiction reads as well as a novel. Needless to say very little actual work got done around here today. I have decided that my favorite activity in the whole world is reading books in bed.
Click on the book covers to go to the link at Amazon to read more about them. Anyone else get any new books this weekend?

5 comments:

Nan said...

I'll be very interested to read what you have to say about the North Korea book. We hear such horrors, such deprivation. As you know, my dearies were both born in South Korea - a different world entirely.

Staci said...

I do like non-fiction that reads like a good fiction story...so I'm hoping that the North Korean book is one that you like! I can't wait until you're done with Tyler's newest.

Patti said...

Oooh- the Anne Tyler looks good. North Korea- not my kind of book- unless there is some romance and laughs or real life fictionalized drama involved- not likely right?! Happy reading to YOU!

dogfaeriex5 said...

i am sorry it took me so long to get here~leave it to you to have such a cool reading blog! did you get my email about the 2books i read that i thought you might like? i have another one waiting in the wings for you..love you as always and miss you terribley! xox

Relyn Lawson said...

Noah's Compass, the audio version just arrived from my library. I've been waiting forever.